Issued 10:00 AM ADT 07 July 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 25 knots backing to westerly 15 to 20 this afternoon then to southwest 10 to 15 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 July 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Newfoundland near
4729N 5246W to 4845N 5110W to 5300N 4830W to 5655N 5015W to 5750N
4640W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jul estimated from Quebec near
5117N 5834W to Newfoundland near 5015N 5733W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 7 July 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 997 mb located over
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the western Marine
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Friday departing ridge located over the eastern
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the St. Lawrence River.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday trough located over the Gulf of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:56 AM ADT 7 July 2022 An area of low pressure over Newfoundland will continue to track
eastward today. Strong to gale force northerlies in its wake will
gradually dissipate throughout the day with the departure of the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
WeatherCAN app: set custom notifications
Learn how to set custom Air Quality Health Index notifications on the WeatherCAN app
- Date modified: