Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 September 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind west 25 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 20 this morning and to southwest 15 overnight. Wind backing to southerly 20 near noon Monday.
Showers ending early this morning. Showers Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5256W to 4815N 5215W to 5045N 4845W to 5345N 4845W to 5600N
5045W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 September 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today Post-tropical Storm Fiona 960 mb located
over the Strait of Belle Isle.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing Post-tropical Storm Fiona 975 mb
located near Labrador Coast.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday approaching trough located over New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 25 September 2022 Post tropical cyclone Fiona, currently located over the Strait of
Belle Isle, will continue to weaken as it moves away to the northeast
today. Strong to gale force westerlies in its wake will diminish
later this morning.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen northern half, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: