Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EDT 06 October 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light except south 25 knots near the coast early this morning. Wind becoming northeasterly 10 to 15 after midnight then increasing to east 15 to 25 Friday morning.
Rain Friday. Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Friday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EDT 06 October 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EDT 6 October 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. EDT today trough located from Lake Huron to Labrador.
By midnight EDT tonight weakening trough located from Montréal
At midnight EDT tonight building low 1009 mb located over northern
By 8:00 p.m. EDT Friday low 1005 mb located over northern Lake
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: