Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 24 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 this evening then backing to southerly 15 after midnight. Wind backing to easterly 15 near noon Tuesday then becoming westerly 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Flurries. Visibility as low as 1 mile in flurries.
Over open water risk of freezing spray today and this evening.
High today minus 11. Low tonight minus 16. High Tuesday minus 9.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4417N 6415W to 4418N
6408W to 4425N 6331W to 4512N 6054W to 4607N 5923W to 4625N 6024W to
4645N 6014W to Cape Breton near 4650N 6019W. Sea ice north then west
of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4725N 6229W to 4827N 6154W to 4946N 5839W to
4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice southwestern
then northwest then east then north of the ice edge.
7 tenths grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Natashquan.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight low 1005 mb located over Lake Huron.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday low 1009 mb located over the Gulf of
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: