Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 01 December 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots and locally south 50 near the coast. Wind becoming easterly 15 to 25 late overnight then diminishing to light late Wednesday morning. Wind becoming southerly 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain. Fog banks forming Wednesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain and 1 mile or less in fog banks.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 1 December 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5000N 6645W to 4845N 6200W to
5015N 5915W to Quebec near 5045N 5900W. Sea ice north of the ice
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 5:25 PM EST 01 December 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 1 December 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 994 mb located over Montréal.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday low 1004 mb located near James Bay.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Heading to Banff or Jasper National Parks this winter?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. North and South highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: