Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 28 February 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots backing to west 15 to 20 early this afternoon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 near midnight and to southeast 30 to 40 Monday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Monday evening.
Snow ending early this morning. Snow overnight and Monday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures minus 1 falling to minus 6 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 February 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4702N 6024W to 4753N 6120W
to 4728N 6309W to 4836N 6257W to 4900N 6116W to 4940N 6106W to 5003N
5814W to Newfoundland near 4833N 5912W. Sea ice south and west then
north then east of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 plus tenths grey-white ice along the coast and
in the western section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 28 February 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 28 February 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 3:00 a.m. EST today low 1010 mb located south of Lake Superior.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Monday low 984 mb located over southern New
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: