Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 07 February 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to southerly 15 to 25 knots this afternoon then veering to west 15 to 25 Wednesday morning. Wind veering to northwest 25 to 30 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of snow overnight and Wednesday morning. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Risk of freezing spray this evening. Freezing spray beginning Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 12 rising to minus 2 Wednesday afternoon then falling to minus 7 Wednesday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4519N 6058W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 3 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice along
the Quebec north shore and in the southwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 07 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today ridge located from Labrador to the East
Coast of the U.S.
By 7:00 a.m. EST Wednesday ridge located off Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located on a line north-south over
By 7:00 p.m. EST Wednesday trough located on a line north-south
over the Strait of Belle Isle.
At 7:00 a.m. EST Wednesday approaching ridge located over the
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast - Ramea and east
- Southwest Coast - west of Ramea
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: