Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 PM EST 25 January 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to easterly 10 to 15 knots late this afternoon then backing to northeast 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind veering to easterly 20 to 25 Sunday morning then increasing to easterly 25 to 35 early Sunday afternoon.
Snow Sunday. Risk of freezing rain near noon Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Over open water risk of freezing spray Sunday afternoon and evening.
Low tonight minus 7. High Sunday minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 25 January 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4535N 6455W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4520N 6430W. Sea ice east of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N
6245W to 4555N 5920W to 4935N 6140W to 4955N 5820W to 4750N 5950W to
4725N 5915W to Newfoundland near 4720N 5510W. Sea ice west then
north then east then north of the ice edge.
4 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 8 tenths
grey ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice in the southwestern
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 3:00 PM EST 25 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 PM EST 25 January 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 p.m. EST today ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
At 3:00 p.m. EST today low 1008 mb located southwest of Cape Cod.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Sunday low 994 mb located over Maine.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: