Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
Issued 03:00 AM EST 27 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 to 35 knots becoming northerly 20 to 30 this morning then diminishing to northerly 15 overnight. Wind backing to westerly 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Snow changing to flurries this evening and ending overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Over open water risk of freezing spray late this afternoon and tonight.
Temperatures minus 2 falling to minus 9 Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 26 January 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4435N 6330W to 4420N 6245W
to 4555N 5930W to 4745N 6040W to 4805N 6010W to 4935N 6145W to 5000N
5755W to 4830N 5920W to 4725N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4710N
5525W. Sea ice west then north then east then north of the ice edge.
6 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice except 8 tenths grey
ice including 2 tenths grey-white ice in the southwestern section.
Warnings (In effect)
Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern halfIssued 03:00 AM EST 27 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM EST 27 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. EST today trough located from Chaleur Bay to Québec
By 7:00 p.m. EST tonight departing trough located from the Gulf
of St. Lawrence to the Gulf of Maine.
At 3:00 p.m. EST Tuesday building ridge located on a line east-west
over southern Rivière-du-Loup.
By 7:00 p.m. EST Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
east-west over southern Rivière-du-Loup.
At 7:00 p.m. EST tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
By 3:00 p.m. EST Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
east-west over southern Labrador.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: