Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 27 January 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots backing to south 15 to 20 early this evening. Wind south 15 to 20 Friday.
Temperatures minus 10 rising to minus 1 Friday afternoon.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4332N 6520W to 4500N
6045W to 4615N 5915W to 4812N 6145W to 4933N 5905W to 4725N 5945W to
Newfoundland near 4724N 5537W. Sea ice northwest then northeast of
the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey-white ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 27 January 2022 Tonight and Friday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located from the Gulf of Maine to
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Friday ridge located from Georges Bank to the
At 3:00 a.m. AST Friday cold front located from Maine to the Quebec
Lower North Shore.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday cold front located from the Gulf of Maine
to the Strait of Belle Isle.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM AST 27 January 2022 A cold frontal trough will move into the Gulf of St. Lawrence tonight
into Thursday. This will give strong to gale force southwesterlies
for the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Anticosti - southeastern half. Freezing spray warnings are in effect
for Fundy, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou - eastern half and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: