Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM AST 05 December 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to south 15 late this morning. Wind increasing to south 20 late this afternoon then diminishing to south 15 Tuesday morning. Wind backing to southeast 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Temperatures near plus 2.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 4 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 5 December 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over New England.
By 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located from
Newfoundland to Nova Scotia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:52 AM AST 5 December 2022 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have been ended.
Outlook for the start of the Southwest Nova lobster fishery, lfa34.
Today...Winds light increasing to southerly 15 knots near noon.
Seas near 1 metre.
Tuesday...Winds southeasterly 15 knots. Seas near 1 metre.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks - eastern half
- Southwestern Grand Banks - western half
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: