Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 08 December 2022
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to northwest 25 late this evening then veering to north 30 Friday evening.
Rain and fog patches ending this evening. Flurries or showers Friday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 8 December 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 8 December 2022 Tonight and Friday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
the central Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. AST Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over West Scotian Slope.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:37 PM AST 8 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over the central marine district will stall
tonight. During the day Friday the trough will begin to rotate
southwestward. Strong to gale force southeasterlies ahead of the
trough today will become strong northerlies in its wake. On Friday
gale force northerlies will develop over much of the central and
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, and Gulf-Magdalen - western
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: