Northumberland Strait - western half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 25 September 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind west 25 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 near noon then becoming south 15 Monday morning. Wind increasing to south 15 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 25 September 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Northumberland Strait - western halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 September 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 25 September 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today Post-tropical Storm Fiona 960 mb located
over the Strait of Belle Isle.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing Post-tropical Storm Fiona 975 mb
located near Labrador Coast.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday approaching trough located over New England.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 25 September 2022 Post tropical cyclone Fiona, currently located over the Strait of
Belle Isle, will continue to weaken as it moves away to the northeast
today. Strong to gale force westerlies in its wake will diminish
later this morning.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half, Gulf-Magdalen northern half, and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: