Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 05 February 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Wind south 15 knots diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to north 15 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to north 25 Monday evening.
Snow changing to scattered flurries after midnight and ending Monday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near zero.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 February 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4352N 6447W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
3 tenths new ice including 1 tenth grey ice except 9 tenths new ice
including 4 tenths grey ice in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 5 February 2023 Tonight and Monday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST Monday approaching low 989 mb located near
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:54 PM AST 5 February 2023 A trough approaching from Quebec will move to lie over Newfoundland
by Monday morning. Strong to gale force southwesterlies are expected
ahead of the trough. Late on Monday an intense low pressure system
approaching from the southwest will bring gale to storm force
northeasterlies to southern waters.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank and West Scotian Slope. Gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, browns banks, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank,
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau and
Laurentian Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Gulf -
Magdalen and Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: