Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 July 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southwesterly 10 to 15 knots early this morning and to northeast 20 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to north 15 overnight and to light near noon Friday.
Showers this afternoon and tonight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches dissipating this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - eastern halfIssued 03:00 AM ADT 02 July 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 2 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the central Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today dissipating trough located over the eastern
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today cold front located on a line east-west over
the northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over Banquereau.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast - Cape St. Mary's and east
- South Coast - west of Cape St. Mary's
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: