Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 24 March 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northerly 25 knots diminishing to north 15 to 20 near noon Saturday and to light Saturday evening.
Flurries ending Saturday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 24 March 2023
Sunday Wind easterly 10 to 15 knots.
Monday Wind northerly 15 knots.
Tuesday Wind northwest 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday 3 tenths first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice in the southern section. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the coasts in the western section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 March 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
3 tenths first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice in the
southern section. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of the
coasts in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 24 March 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 981 mb located south of the Avalon
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday departing low 981 mb located over the
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:41 PM ADT 24 March 2023 A low pressure system over the Southern Grand Banks will slowly move
eastward away from the district tonight. Strong to gale force
easterly winds north of the system will shift to gale to storm force
westerlies in its wake over most eastern waters.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Laurentian Fan - eastern half. Gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, East Scotian Slope, Fourchu, Banquereau,
Laurentian Fan - western half, and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: