Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 08 August 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind north 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light early this evening then increasing to easterly 15 overnight. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Tuesday afternoon then diminishing to northeast 15 Tuesday evening.
Showers ending this afternoon. Periods of rain tonight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland Strait - eastern halfIssued 04:39 AM ADT 08 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 8 August 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today cold front located from Newfoundland to
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing cold front located east of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1007 mb located over eastern Ontario.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low 1008 mb located over Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: