Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 31 March 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 15 to 20 knots veering to easterly 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Periods of snow changing to periods of rain overnight. Fog patches forming Wednesday morning.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 March 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4510N 6125W to 4500N 6000W
to 4520N 5900W to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths grey-white ice including 2 tenths
first-year ice along parts of the coast of Nova Scotia.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 31 March 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 994 mb located south of East Scotian
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing low 996 mb located south of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:25 PM ADT 31 March 2020 A low pressure system south of east scotia slope will drift eastward
today. Strong to gale force northerly winds north of the low will
diminish somewhat tonight as the low pulls away from the region.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Anticosti - southeastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: