Northumberland Strait - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 07 December 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to variable 15 Thursday evening.
Rain overnight and Thursday. Fog patches forming Thursday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 7 December 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 7 December 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. AST today ridge located from Newfoundland to West
By 3:00 a.m. AST Thursday ridge located from Newfoundland to
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight trough located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. AST Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line north-south over the central Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM AST 7 December 2022 A slow moving trough of low pressure will track eastward from New
England tonight to lie over the central marine district by Thursday
evening then stall into Friday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
will increase ahead of the trough tonight and into Thursday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Gulf-Magdalen - eastern half and Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: