Issued 03:00 AM ADT 09 May 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 to 30 near noon and to northwest 15 this evening. Wind backing to west 10 to 15 overnight then diminishing to light Monday morning.
Periods of rain ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Northumberland StraitIssued 03:00 AM ADT 09 May 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 9 May 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 985 mb located over southwestern Cape
By 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 987 mb located over Cabot Strait.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 986 mb located over Newfoundland.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Monday approaching trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:47 AM ADT 9 May 2021 A low pressure system over Cape Breton Island will move to lie over
Cabot Strait this morning and will then move into Newfoundland and
out of the marine district. Strong to gale force northeasterly winds
north of the low shift to gale to force west to southwesterlies south
and east of the low. Winds will gradually diminish from west to east
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Fundy, Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Georges Bank
- southern half, southwestern shore, West Scotian Slope - southern
half, gulf- Magdalen - eastern half, Chaleur - Miscou - western half
and Anticosti - western half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port - northwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port - southeastern half
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: