Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 19 February 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 to 30 early Thursday morning then backing to west 20 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Flurries ending overnight.
Temperatures minus 4 falling to minus 20 Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 19 February 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4530N 5940W to 4605N 5815W to 4715N 5900W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
8 tenths grey ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice in the
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 11:24 PM AST 19 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM AST 19 February 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight departing trough located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. AST Thursday building ridge located west of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:42 PM AST 19 February 2020 Strong to gale force northwesterlies will persist tonight in the wake
of a departing trough of low pressure east of the district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Lurcher, Browns Bank, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, West Scotian
Slope, Cabot Strait-northern half, Gulf-Magdalen, Chaleur-Miscou and
Freezing spray warnings are in effect for Fundy, Grand Manan,
Lurcher, southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable,
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: