Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 20 March 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 25 to 30 knots diminishing to west 15 near midnight and to light near noon Tuesday.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 5000N 5845W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
Open water except 9 plus tenths first-year ice in the southeastern
section along the coast. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of
the coasts. Strong ice pressure in the southeastern section along
the coast easing tonight.
Warnings (In effect)
Ice pressure warning in effect
Chaleur - Miscou - western halfIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2023
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 20 March 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 978 mb located north of Newfoundland.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday departing low 982 mb located northeast
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to West Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Tuesday ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:45 PM ADT 20 March 2023 A low pressure system north of Newfoundland will slowly move eastward
tonight. Strong to gale force westerlies will gradually diminish from
west to east overnight tonight and Tuesday as the low moves farther
east of Newfoundland.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau, Laurentian Fan - northern half, Cabot Strait,
Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half, and Anticosti.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Gulf-Magdalen - northeastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: