Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 knots near midnight and to northwest 20 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Scattered flurries this evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 3 falling to minus 6 near noon Wednesday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
Open water except 9 plus tenths first-year ice in the southeastern
section along the coast east of Bathurst. Consolidated first-year
ice along parts of the coasts.
Warnings (In effect)
Freezing spray warning in effect
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 March 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 21 March 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located over the southern Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located over New England.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:28 PM ADT 21 March 2023 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: