Chaleur - Miscou - western half
Issued 08:00 PM AST 16 November 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 25 late this evening then diminishing to northwest 15 early Sunday morning. Wind diminishing to light Sunday afternoon.
Risk of freezing spray this evening.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 November 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4555N 6155W to 4840N 6045W
to Quebec near 5125N 5735W. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coasts.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - western halfIssued 8:00 PM AST 16 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM AST 17 November 2019 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. AST today departing trough located east of the
At 3:30 p.m. AST today deepening low 998 mb located over
southeastern Cape Hatteras.
By 3:30 p.m. AST Monday low 991 mb located southwest of Georges
At 3:00 a.m. AST today ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:53 AM AST 17 November 2019 Strong to gale force westerlies over northern waters will diminish
today as a ridge of high pressure moves into the region.
Later today, a low pressure system near Cape Hatteras will begin to
move up the U.S. Eastern Seaboard. Strong to gale force easterlies
will spread across most waters ahead of the low. In the wake of the
low, winds will shift to strong to gale force southerlies.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern
half, and Chaleur - Miscou.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: