Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 06 February 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northerly 20 knots increasing to north 25 early this evening then veering to northeast 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northeast 15 late Tuesday morning then veering to east 10 to 15 Tuesday evening.
Flurries ending near midnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning this evening and ending Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4529N 6511W to
4515N 6500W to Nova Scotia near 4515N 6427W. Sea ice northeast of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4519N 6058W to 4540N
5837W to 4755N 6124W to 4725N 6236W to 4849N 6316W to 4844N 6057W to
4934N 6117W to 4953N 5854W to 4721N 5958W to Newfoundland near 4729N
5610W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
9 tenths new ice including 3 tenths grey ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 3:30 PM AST 06 February 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 6 February 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 3:30 p.m. AST today departing trough located over Newfoundland.
At 8:00 p.m. AST tonight low 986 mb located near Georges Bank.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Tuesday low 988 mb located south of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:24 PM AST 6 February 2023 An intense low pressure system will move near Georges Bank this
evening then drift slowly away to the southeast on Tuesday. Gale to
storm force northeasterlies will develop over the southern half of
the marine district with this system.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Gale warnings are in effect for Grand Manan, Lurcher, browns banks,
southwestern shore, LaHave Bank, eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu,
Banquereau and Laurentian Fan. Freezing spray warnings are in effect
for Fundy, Grand Manan, Cabot Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf -
Magdalen, and Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: