Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 03:30 PM AST 23 January 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 20 knots veering to northwesterly 10 to 15 after midnight then diminishing to light Monday evening.
Temperatures minus 9 falling to minus 15 Monday morning.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4525N 6524W to Nova
Scotia near 4504N 6501W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4417N 6415W to 4418N
6408W to 4425N 6331W to 4512N 6054W to 4607N 5923W to 4625N 6024W to
4645N 6014W to Cape Breton near 4650N 6019W. Sea ice north then west
of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cape Breton near 4653N 6020W to 4705N
6015W to 4755N 6125W to 4725N 6229W to 4827N 6154W to 4946N 5839W to
4730N 6000W to Newfoundland near 4728N 5608W. Sea ice southwestern
then northwest then east then north of the ice edge.
9 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except
consolidated grey-white ice along parts of the coast.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 23 January 2022 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located from Anticosti Island to
the Gulf of Maine.
By 3:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located from Newfoundland to East
At 3:30 p.m. AST Monday low 1003 mb located over Laurentian Fan.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:18 PM AST 23 January 2022 A freezing spray warning is in effect for Anticosti - northwestern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: