Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 19 September 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northerly 20 to 25 knots diminishing to northerly 15 early this evening and to light near midnight. Wind becoming southerly 10 to 15 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 10:00 AM ADT 19 September 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 19 September 2021 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today Post-tropical Storm Odette 990 mb located
over southern Laurentian Fan.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday Post-tropical Storm Odette 990 mb located
east of Laurentian Fan.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT today ridge located west of the Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday ridge located over the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:16 PM ADT 19 September 2021 Post-tropical storm Odette is currently located near Southern
Laurentian Fan and is forecast to track northeastward over the Grand
Banks tonight. Gale force easterly winds ahead of Odette shift to
gale to storm force northerlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
Sable - eastern half, East Scotian Slope - eastern half, Banquereau -
southeastern half, and Laurentian Fan. Gale warnings are in effect
for eastern shore, Sable - western half, East Scotian Slope - western
half, Fourchu, Banquereau - northwestern half, and Cabot Strait.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: