Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light near noon then increasing to northwest 15 near midnight. Wind increasing to northwest 20 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Scattered flurries this evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Wednesday morning.
Temperatures minus 4 falling to minus 6 near noon Wednesday.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 4946N 5849W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
1 tenth first-year ice. Consolidated first-year ice along parts of
Warnings (In effect)
Freezing spray warning in effect
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over the southwestern Marine
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday departing ridge located over Laurentian
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the eastern Great Lakes.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:39 AM ADT 21 March 2023 All gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: