Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 19 June 2021
Tonight and Sunday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 15 early Sunday morning and to light Sunday afternoon.
Showers ending Sunday morning with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - Miscou - eastern halfIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 June 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 19 June 2021 Tonight and Sunday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 996 mb located over Quebec.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday weakening low 1001 mb located near the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:52 PM ADT 19 June 2021 A low pressure system over Quebec at forecast time will move to lie
over the Gaspé Peninsula on Sunday morning. Moderate to strong
southwest winds are expected over most waters ahead of the low.
Over the extreme southwestern areas these winds are forecast to reach
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Georges Bank - southern half and West Scotian Slope - southern half.
Tropical cyclone information..
At 6:00 P.M. ADT, tropical depression Claudette was located near 32.2
north 87.9 west, or approximately 150 kilometres west of montgomery,
Alabama. Maximum sustained winds were estimated at 30 knots and
central pressure 1007 MB. Claudette is moving northeast at 14 knots.
Latest indications show the remains of Claudette tracking across the
marine district on Tuesday and could bring some gales to the region.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
- Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: