Chaleur - Miscou
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 17 October 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 25 early this morning and to southeast 25 to 30 early this afternoon. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening and to west 10 to 15 Monday morning.
Scattered showers changing to rain near noon and ending overnight with a risk of thunderstorms. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Chaleur - MiscouIssued 03:00 AM ADT 17 October 2021
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 17 October 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located from the Gaspe Peninsula
to East Scotian Slope.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday trough located from Anticosti Island to
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over the eastern Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing ridge located east of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:48 AM ADT 17 October 2021 A trough of low pressure will cross the marine district from west to
east today into Monday. Strong to gale force southeasterlies are
forecast to spread across the district ahead of this system.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Fourchu, Banquereau, Cabot Strait, Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - eastern half
- Banquereau - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - eastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - western half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - eastern half
- Laurentian Fan - western half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: