Issued 08:00 PM ADT 18 May 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind west 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light late overnight then becoming south 15 early Thursday afternoon.
Rain and fog patches Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 18 May 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 994 mb located northeast of Anticosti
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 996 mb located near Labrador Coast.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday trough from low located from Labrador
Coast to Newfoundland.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the western Marine District.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south over
the eastern Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:51 PM ADT 18 May 2022 Gale force northwesterly winds are expected this evening over
Anticosti behind a low moving away to the northeast.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: