Issued 08:10 AM ADT 03 April 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 35 to 45 knots with gusts to 50 ending this afternoon. Wind diminishing to northeast 35 this evening and to northeast 25 to 30 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to northeast 20 Saturday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 April 2020 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4550N 6010W to 4545N 5900W
to 4725N 5900W to Newfoundland near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north and
west of the ice edge.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 08:18 AM ADT 03 April 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 3 April 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 976 mb located over Georges Bank.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing low 990 mb located southwest
of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:41 AM ADT 3 April 2020 A low pressure system over Georges Bank will drift southwestward away
from the district throughout the forecast period. Gale to near storm
force northeasterlies over southern waters and strong to gale force
northeasterlies over northern regions will gradually diminish tonight
and Saturday as the low tracks further away from the district.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Northumberland Strait, Chaleur-Miscou, and Anticosti -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: