Issued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 Friday afternoon then backing to westerly 15 Friday evening.
Flurries ending this afternoon.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023
Today Tonight and Friday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 2 early this morning and to 3 to 4 this afternoon. Seas subsiding to 2 to 3 Friday morning and to 1 to 2 Friday evening.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023
Saturday Wind southeast 25 knots increasing to southwest 35 in the afternoon.
Sunday Wind northwest 30 knots.
Monday Wind north 20 knots becoming southwest 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4616N 6006W to 4658N 6010W
to 4845N 6230W to 4958N 5915W to 4733N 5932W to 4727N 5823W to
Newfoundland near 4740N 5815W. Sea ice west then northeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 30 March 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over the eastern Marine District.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Avalon Peninsula.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from Quebec to New Brunswick
then to Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:42 AM ADT 30 March 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across the marine district from
west to east today and tonight. Strong northwesterlies in the wake of
the trough will increase to strong to gale force overnight tonight or
Friday morning. These gales will begin to diminish Friday afternoon
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
West Scotian Slope, East Scotian Slope, and Chaleur-Miscou - western
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Fundy, Northumberland Strait - western half and
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: