Issued 10:00 AM ADT 02 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 20 near noon and to northeast 30 to 35 early this evening. Wind northeast 30 to 35 Saturday.
Scattered showers changing to rain this evening.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 02 June 2023
Today Tonight and Saturday. Seas 1 metre or less building to 1 to 2 this evening and to 2 to 3 near midnight.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 June 2023
Sunday Wind northeast 25 to 30 knots.
Monday Wind north 20 to 25 knots.
Tuesday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 31 May 2023 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
LurcherIssued 10:00 AM ADT 02 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 2 June 2023 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the southern Gulf of
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located south of Nova Scotia.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday approaching ridge located over the
northern Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:50 AM ADT 2 June 2023 A trough of low pressure will track south across Nova Scotia today.
In its wake a strong to gale force northeast flow will develop.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Gulf - Magdalen and Anticosti - southeastern
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: