Issued 03:30 PM ADT 23 September 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 late this evening and to northwest 15 early Thursday morning. Wind backing to west 10 to 15 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
LurcherIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 September 2020
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM ADT 23 September 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 3:30 p.m. ADT today Post-tropical Storm Teddy 974 mb located
at 47.2N 60.8W.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT Thursday Post-tropical Storm Teddy 970 mb located
at 58N 53.4W.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:15 PM ADT 23 September 2020 Post tropical storm Teddy is currently north of Cape Breton and will
depart the marine district this evening. Gale force winds within the
vicinity of Teddy will diminish to strong tonight.
At 3:30 A.M. ADT, post tropical storm Teddy is located near
Latitude 47.2 north and longitude 60.8 west, about 68 nautical miles
north-northwest of Sydney. Maximum sustained winds are estimated at
50 knots and central pressure at 974 MB. Teddy is moving northeast at
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
eastern shore, Sable, Fourchu, Banquereau, Laurentian Fan, Cabot
Strait, Northumberland Strait, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou -
eastern half, and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: