Issued 10:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind westerly 15 to 20 knots veering to northerly 15 to 20 near noon then becoming north 15 late overnight. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday afternoon.
Issued 05:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 2 to 3 metres subsiding to 1 to 2 near midnight.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 May 2023
Wednesday Wind west 20 knots.
Thursday Wind westerly 15 knots.
Friday Wind variable 15 knots increasing to northeast 25 late in the day.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Quebec near 5045N 5901W to Newfoundland near
5050N 5703W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4502N 5323W to 4630N 4746W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5805N 5150W to 5935N 4840W to 5830N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 May estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 29 May 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing cold front located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:21 PM ADT 29 May 2023 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have now ended.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: