Issued 10:00 AM ADT 09 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 20 to 25 this afternoon and to southwest 30 this evening. Wind veering to westerly 20 to 25 after midnight then diminishing to west 15 to 20 Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers this morning. Periods of rain tonight and Wednesday. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:27 PM EDT 8 August 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4712N 5252W to 5115N 4820W to 5555N 5055W to 5700N 5330W to 5930N
5640W to 6025N 5155W to 5820N 4655W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 9 Aug estimated from Quebec near
5044N 5924W to Newfoundland near 4957N 5741W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 9 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1008 mb located over Nova Scotia.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1010 mb located over Banquereau.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line northeast-southwest over the southern Marine District.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: