Issued 08:00 PM ADT 16 June 2021
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 25 late this evening and to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight. Wind veering to westerly 10 to 15 Thursday morning then diminishing to light Thursday afternoon.
Rain ending Thursday morning. Risk of thunderstorms late this evening. Fog patches dissipating Thursday evening.
Laurentian Fan - northwestern half
Laurentian Fan - southeastern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 16 June 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4950N 5547W to 5000N 5345W to 5105N 5230W to 5500N 5150W to 5600N
5200W to 5900N 5800W to 6130N 5805W to 5850N 4840W to 5815N 4815W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5116N 5811W to Newfoundland near 5043N 5723W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Laurentian FanIssued 8:00 PM ADT 16 June 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 16 June 2021 Tonight and Thursday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight departing cold front located over the
southeastern Marine District.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line east-west over the Quebec Lower North Shore.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 7:57 PM ADT 16 June 2021 A cold front located over the southeastern portion of the marine
district will track eastward away from the region tonight. Strong to
gale force southerly winds ahead of the front will diminish in its
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: