Issued 03:00 AM ADT 10 April 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northerly 10 to 15 knots diminishing to light this morning then becoming variable 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 10 to 15 overnight then diminishing to light Sunday afternoon. Wind becoming northwest 15 Sunday evening.
Showers beginning this afternoon becoming flurries or showers Sunday morning and ending near noon Sunday. Fog patches forming this evening and dissipating Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 9 April 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4544N 6242W to 4631N
6147W to 4643N 6336W to Quebec near 4845N 6410W. Sea ice west and
south of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5005N 6146W to 4954N
6000W to 5107N 5741W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5732W. Sea ice east
and north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 9 April 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Apr estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5245W to 4750N 5050W to 5200N 4830W to 5500N 5105W to 6000N
5830W to 6030N 5150W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Apr estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5125N 5704W to Newfoundland near 5103N 5652W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 10 April 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary low 989 mb located south
of the Grand Banks.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
western Marine District.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Sunday low 999 mb located over Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Sunday low 997 mb located over northern Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:33 AM ADT 10 April 2021 A low pressure system will develop over Newfoundland Sunday morning
and track westward to lie over Northern Banquereau by Sunday evening.
Strong to gale force northeast winds will develop north and west of
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Anticosti - eastern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - eastern half
- East Scotian Slope - western half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: