Issued 03:00 AM ADT 07 June 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming north 10 to 15 this afternoon then backing to northwest 20 this evening. Wind backing to west 15 to 20 near noon Monday.
Showers and fog ending this evening. Risk of thunderstorms early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 6 June 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4638N 5311W to 4610N 4540W to 4920N 4345W to 5125N 4450W to 5500N
5030W to 5900N 5730W to 6130N 5630W to 5800N 4800W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 7 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5015N 6036W to Newfoundland near 4855N 5827W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 7 June 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1002 mb located over West Scotian Slope.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today low 1002 mb located over Banquereau.
At 3:30 p.m. ADT Monday low 994 mb located over Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Monday low 994 mb located northeast of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:45 AM ADT 7 June 2020 A broad low pressure system currently over West Scotian Slope will
track northeastward today to lie over Banquereau this afternoon then
stall until Monday morning before continuing over Newfoundland on
Monday. Strong to gale force southerlies are expected over Laurentian
Fan while strong to possibly gale force northeasterlies are expected
over the Gulf waters this evening and overnight.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northwestern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southeastern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: