Issued 10:00 AM ADT 30 September 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind south 25 to 30 knots diminishing to southwest 15 after midnight. Wind southwest 15 Thursday.
Showers and fog patches ending near midnight. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5157N 5555W to 5200N 5330W to 5300N 5000W to 5530N 5200W to
5700N 5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 30 September 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary high located east of the
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today intensifying low 990 mb located north of
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 971 mb located over western Labrador.
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Thursday low 969 mb located northeast of Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:51 AM ADT 30 September 2020 A low pressure system will continue to develop over Northern New
England this morning. The low will intensify as it tracks
northeastward passing over Western Labrador this evening. Strong to
gale force southerlies are expected near the low.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Grand Manan, Lurcher, Browns Bank, Gulf - Magdalen, Chaleur - Miscou
- eastern half and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northwestern half
- Anticosti - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northwestern half
- East Scotian Slope - southeastern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: