Issued 03:30 PM AST 16 February 2020
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 this evening then increasing to northwest 25 Monday evening.
Showers ending overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4430N 6335W to 4420N
6320W to 4535N 5945W to 4540N 5835W to 4730N 5955W to Newfoundland
near 4710N 5525W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from New Brunswick near 4530N 6515W to
Nova Scotia near 4510N 6445W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 February 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4903N 5340W to 4840N 4835W to 5130N 4700W to 5530N 5130W to 6000N
5700W to 6200N 5400W to 5800N 4530W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5133N 5600W.
Iceberg CountNo confirmed icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:30 PM AST 16 February 2020 Tonight and Monday At 3:30 p.m. AST today trough located from the Gulf of Maine to
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 10:00 a.m. AST Monday trough located southeast of the Marine
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:19 PM AST 16 February 2020 A trough of low pressure stretching from the Gulf of Maine to the
Gulf of St. Lawrence will move to lie southeast of the marine
district Monday morning. Strong to gale force southwesterlies ahead
of the trough will diminish to moderate to strong southwesterlies in
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - northwestern half, Cabot Strait and Gulf Magdalen -
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: