Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 02 October 2022
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 to 20 knots early this morning then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 overnight. Wind becoming light Monday afternoon.
High today plus 14. Low tonight plus 5. High Monday plus 12.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 2 October 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located south of Cape Cod.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday trough located south of the Marine District.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Ontario.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Monday building ridge located from Ontario to
the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:54 AM ADT 2 October 2022 A trough of low pressure southwest of the region will move slowly
eastward and will stall south of the marine district later today.
This trough will remain nearly stationary south of the district on
Monday. Strong to gale force northeasterlies will develop over
southwestern waters today and will persist tonight and Monday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope -
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: