Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots late this afternoon except northeast 20 in the Approaches overnight and Wednesday morning. Wind becoming northeast 20 Wednesday morning except northeast 30 in the Approaches. Wind diminishing to east 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain and fog patches overnight and Wednesday with a risk of thunderstorms.
High today plus 23. Low tonight plus 17. High Wednesday plus 22.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 16 August 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1010 mb located southwest of the
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 1007 mb located west of Georges
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough from 1007 mb low located from
Georges Bank to Laurentian Fan.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough from 1006 mb low located from
Lurcher to Banquereau.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:47 AM ADT 16 August 2022 A low pressure system approaching from the southwest will give strong
to gale force easterlies to southern and western waters today into
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Browns Bank, Georges Bank, West Scotian Slope and East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope - northern half
- East Scotian Slope - southern half
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: