Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 03 August 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this afternoon with gusts to 25 in the Approaches. Wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 near midnight then diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
High today plus 24. Low tonight plus 19. High Tuesday plus 27.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 3 August 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over the eastern Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located southeast of the Marine
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today low 1002 mb located northwest of Maine.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low 1004 mb located west of Anticosti
At 10:00 a.m. ADT Tuesday low 1008 mb located west of Newfoundland.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Tuesday low located east of Newfoundland.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northern half
- Anticosti - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: