Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 27 May 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Strong wind warning in effect.
Wind southwest 20 to 25 knots today tonight and Saturday.
Scattered showers ending this afternoon. Periods of drizzle beginning this evening and changing to showers Saturday morning. Fog patches forming this evening.
High today plus 17. Low tonight plus 12. High Saturday plus 17.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 18 May 2022
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Halifax Harbour and ApproachesIssued 10:00 AM ADT 27 May 2022
'Strong' winds of 20 to 33 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 27 May 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today warm front from low located from Quebec
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday warm front from low located from Anticosti
Island to the Avalon Peninsula.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Saturday low 1002 mb located over northern New
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Saturday low 999 mb located over Anticosti Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:45 AM ADT 27 May 2022 A low pressure system over Quebec will push a warm front into the
marine district through the forecast period. Increasing southeasterly
winds north of the front will reach strong to gale force over
northern waters. Strong southwesterlies are forecast south of the
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Cabot Strait - northern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - northeastern half
- Anticosti - southwestern half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: