Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 08:00 PM ADT 29 September 2023
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind light tonight and Saturday.
Low tonight plus 12. High Saturday plus 20.
Issued 03:30 PM ADT 29 September 2023
Sunday Wind light.
Monday Wind northerly 15 to 20 knots.
Tuesday Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots late in the day.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023 Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 14 June 2023
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 8:00 PM ADT 29 September 2023 Tonight and Saturday At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight low located east of Cape Hatteras.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT Saturday quasi-stationary low located southwest
of Georges Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:39 AM ADT 30 September 2023 A low pressure system southwest of Georges Bank this morning will
intensify as it very slowly moves east to lie south of Georges Bank
by Sunday evening. Strong to gale force easterlies are expected north
of the low this evening through Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Georges Bank - southern half and West Scotian Slope - southern half.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- East Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northeastern half
- Laurentian Fan - southwestern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northeastern half
- West Scotian Slope - southwestern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: