Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 18 July 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind westerly 10 to 15 knots veering to northerly 10 to 15 early this morning then diminishing to light near noon. Wind light tonight and Friday.
High today plus 22. Low tonight plus 14. High Friday plus 21.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 June 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 18 July 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located from Newfoundland to Fourchu.
By 10:00 a.m. ADT today departing trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight ridge located over the Maritimes.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT Friday low located southwest of the Marine
By 8:00 p.m. ADT Friday low located over East Scotian Slope.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northeastern half
- Banquereau - southwestern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: