Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 15 knots diminishing to light early this morning then increasing to southwest 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening then veering to northwest 15 overnight. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Temperatures minus 3 rising to plus 5 this afternoon then falling to minus 1 near noon Wednesday. Temperatures rising to plus 4 Wednesday evening.
Strong wind warning program has ended for the season.
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023
Thursday Wind variable 15 knots increasing to southeast 25 in the afternoon then veering to southwest 25 late in the day.
Friday Wind west 25 knots.
Saturday Wind north 15 to 20 knots veering to easterly 15 to 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Ice free.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Nova Scotia near 4557N 5947W to 4620N 5930W
to 4845N 6230W to 5000N 5845W to 4730N 5940W to Newfoundland near
4711N 5528W. Sea ice west then northeast of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 21 March 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today departing low 982 mb located northeast
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located from the East Coast of the
U.S. to West Scotian Slope.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday ridge located from the East Coast of
the U.S. to Laurentian Fan.
At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located over the Great Lakes.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday trough located over Cape Breton Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 2:44 AM ADT 21 March 2023 Strong to gale force westerlies will diminish today as a low
northeast of Newfoundland moves out into the mid Atlantic.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Banquereau - northern half, Cabot Strait, and Gulf-Magdalen -
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Chaleur - Miscou and Anticosti.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore - eastern half
- Eastern Shore - western half
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen - northeastern half
- Gulf - Magdalen - southwestern half
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan - northern half
- Laurentian Fan - southern half
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Sable - eastern half
- Sable - western half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: