Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 03:00 AM ADT 04 August 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots becoming light this morning then becoming southwest 15 Thursday evening.
Showers Thursday afternoon and evening. Fog patches late this afternoon tonight and Thursday morning and fog patches retreating to the approaches Thursday. Fog patches moving into the harbour Thursday evening.
High today plus 20. Low tonight plus 15. High Thursday plus 20.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 April 2021
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 3:00 AM ADT 4 August 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 3:00 a.m. ADT today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 3:30 p.m. ADT today trough located over Labrador Sea to Cape
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1019 mb located over Georges Bank.
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Thursday low 1025 mb located over the western
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today ridge located over southern Quebec.
By 8:00 p.m. ADT tonight weakening ridge located over the central
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Banquereau - northwestern half
- Banquereau - southeastern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait
- Chaleur - Miscou
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank - northern half
- Georges Bank - southern half
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope - northern half
- West Scotian Slope - southern half
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: