Halifax Harbour and Approaches
Issued 10:00 AM ADT 20 October 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming southwest 15 knots near noon then diminishing to light late this evening. Wind becoming easterly 10 to 15 near noon Wednesday then veering to southerly 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of drizzle and fog patches ending near noon. Fog patches forming early this evening and dissipating Wednesday morning. Fog patches reforming Wednesday evening.
Temperatures near plus 14.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 25 May 2020
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:00 AM ADT 20 October 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:00 a.m. ADT today low 1016 mb located over the St. Lawrence
By 3:00 a.m. ADT Wednesday low 1008 mb located northeast of
At 8:00 p.m. ADT Wednesday trough located from the St. Lawrence
River to the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
At 10:00 a.m. ADT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
southern Marine District.
Atlantic - Maritimes Area
- Anticosti - eastern half
- Anticosti - western half
- Banquereau - northern half
- Banquereau - southern half
- Bras d'Or Lakes
- Browns Bank
- Cabot Strait - northern half
- Cabot Strait - southern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - eastern half
- Chaleur - Miscou - western half
- Eastern Shore
- East Coast - Cape St. Francis and south
- East Scotian Slope
- Georges Bank
- Grand Manan
- Gulf - Magdalen
- Gulf - Port au Port
- Halifax Harbour and Approaches
- LaHave Bank
- Laurentian Fan
- L'Isle-aux-Coudres to Tadoussac
- Northumberland Strait - eastern half
- Northumberland Strait - western half
- Pointe à Michel to Pointe-des-Monts
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - northern half
- Pointe-des-Monts to Anticosti - southern half
- Southeastern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Grand Banks
- Southwestern Shore
- Southwest Coast
- South Coast
- Tadoussac to Pointe à Michel
- West Scotian Slope
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: